The City of Pensacola Housing Department hours of operations are 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM, Monday through Thursday. The lobby hours are 7:00 AM to 2:00 PM, Monday through Thursday. You may call 850-858-0350 to schedule an appointment or contact staff directly to schedule an appointment.
Notice of Funding Availability
Local Government Contribution: SAIL-4% Housing Tax Credits
The City of Pensacola and the Escambia County Housing Finance Authority (ECHFA) announce the availability of local government contribution support for eligible projects to meet the criteria of the Florida Housing Finance Corporation (FHFC) RFA 2022-205 SAIL Financing of Affordable Multifamily Housing Developments to be used in Conjunction with Tax-Exempt Bonds and Non-Competitive Housing Credits. Developers must utilize the ECHFA for issuance of tax-exempt bonds in order to receive the local government contribution.
Proposed projects must be located within the City limits. The application submittal deadline is 3 p.m., CST, Thursday, December 1, 2022. Please review the application documents for more details.
The City of Pensacola Housing Department is committed to supporting the development of a diverse viable community that provides decent, safe housing and a suitable living environment for area residents. This is accomplished by:
- Providing a sufficient volume and variety of affordable housing options;
- Assisting in the elimination of slum and blighting influences;
- Helping prevent deterioration of property; and
- Maintaining viable neighborhoods that enhance the quality of life of area residents.
The Housing Department is a partner in creating employment opportunities, encouraging small business development, and broadening the tax and economic base for families of modest means. Assistance to area residents includes:
- Community development and support services
- Homebuyer assistance strategies
- Rental assistance for eligible families
- Single family housing rehabilitation for eligible homeowners
Support to area residents is provided through the administration of the following local, state, and federal programs:
- City of Pensacola Homebuyer Incentive Program
- Community Development Block Grant Program
- HOME Investment Partnerships Act Program
- Section 8 Housing Voucher Program
- State Housing Initiatives Partnership Program