Sanitation Services & Fleet Management
Functions & Responsibilities
The Department of Sanitation Services and Fleet Management handles two major functions:
- Collection of trash and garbage
- Maintenance of the city's many vehicles
The department is responsible for:
- Providing dependable, efficient sanitation services to city residents and businesses by collecting garbage and trash
- Enforcing municipal ordinances and state statutes that pertain to code violations
- Operating the Central Garage, which maintains the fleet of city vehicles, from automobiles and trucks to specialized equipment
Because of danger to health and the environment, some items absolutely will not be collected during normal garbage and/or trash collections. These materials include tires and items considered to be toxic or hazardous, such as lead, acid batteries, used motor oil, pesticides, some household cleaning materials, and paint.
For residents, certain Household Hazardous Waste and End-of-Life Electronics are collected by Escambia County. More information and a list of acceptable materials can be found on the MyEscambia webpage.
For other questions or information about how to dispose of materials not addressed by these sections, please contact the Sanitation Services of Pensacola at 850-435-1890.
As Constituent Services Administrator, Latasha Buchanan works with the Sanitation Services/Fleet Management Director to assist residents in navigating City Services. In addition to these duties, Mrs. Buchanan supervises and coordinates the operation of the 311 Center to ensure the City provides exceptional service, and to enhance the services provided.
Thank you for helping us to make your home, neighborhood and city a cleaner and better place to live. Our office hours are Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. If we can be of service or provide any information, please give us a call at 850-435-1890, or email Sanitation Services with your comments or questions.