Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program
As an Entitlement Grantee, the city is eligible to receive an annual allocation of Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development under the CDBG Entitlement Program. The CDBG program is authorized under Title I of the Housing and Community Development Act of 1974, as amended.
Housing & Community Development Act Objectives
The act establishes as its primary objective the development of viable urban communities, including decent housing and a suitable living environment, and expanding economic opportunity, principally for persons of low and moderate income. This objective is achieved by funding activities that meet one of the three national objectives:
- Benefit to low- and moderate-income families
- Aid in the prevention or elimination of slums or blighted conditions
- Meet an urgent need
The consolidated planning process serves as the framework for a community-wide dialogue to identify housing and community development priorities that align and focus funding from the Community Planning Development (CPD) formula block grant programs. As a member of the Escambia Pensacola Consortium, the City conducts this planning process in conjunction with Escambia County.
The Consolidated Plan, which has a duration of 5 years, describes the consortium’s community development priorities and multi-year goals based on an assessment of housing and community development needs, an analysis of housing and economic market conditions, and available resources.
- City of Pensacola 2015-2019 Consolidated Plan and 2015-2016 Annual Action Plan (PDF)
- Escambia - Pensacola Consortium 2015-2019 Con Plan and 2015 Annual Action Plan Documents (PDF)
The Consolidated Plan is carried out through Annual Action Plans, which provide a concise summary of the actions, activities, and the specific federal and non-federal resources that will be used each year to address the priority needs and specific goals identified by the Consolidated Plan.
- CDBG FY2015-16 Budget (PDF)
- 2016 Escambia Consortium Annual Plan (PDF)
- CDBG FY2016-17 Budget (PDF)
- 2017 Escambia Consortium Annual Plan (PDF)
- CDBG FY2017-2018 Budget (PDF)
- 2018 Escambia Consortium Annual Plan Summary (PDF)
- CDBG FY2018-19 Budget Draft (PDF)
Grantees report on accomplishments and progress toward Consolidated Plan goals in the Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER).
As part of the Consolidated Plan five-year planning process the consortium prepares an Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice to reflect the current fair housing situation in the community.