Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program
City of Pensacola and Escambia County Consortium
FY19-20 Annual Action Plan Public Meeting will be held Tuesday, March 26, 2019, at 5:30 PM
at The City of Pensacola Housing Division Office.
As an Entitlement Grantee, the city is eligible to receive an annual allocation of Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development under the CDBG Entitlement Program. The CDBG program is authorized under Title I of the Housing and Community Development Act of 1974, as amended.
Housing & Community Development Act Objectives
The act establishes as its primary objective the development of viable urban communities, including decent housing and a suitable living environment, and expanding economic opportunity, principally for persons of low and moderate income. This objective is achieved by funding activities that meet one of the three national objectives:
- Benefit to low- and moderate-income families
- Aid in the prevention or elimination of slums or blighted conditions
- Meet an urgent need
cdbg documents and plans
The consolidated planning process serves as the framework for a community-wide dialogue to identify housing and community development priorities that align and focus funding from the Community Planning Development (CPD) formula block grant programs. As a member of the Escambia Pensacola Consortium, the City conducts this planning process in conjunction with Escambia County.
The Consolidated Plan, which has a duration of 5 years, describes the consortium’s community development priorities and multi-year goals based on an assessment of housing and community development needs, an analysis of housing and economic market conditions, and available resources.
- City of Pensacola 2015-2019 Consolidated Plan and 2015-2016 Annual Action Plan (PDF)
- Escambia - Pensacola Consortium 2015-2019 Con Plan and 2015 Annual Action Plan Documents (PDF)
The Consolidated Plan is carried out through Annual Action Plans, which provide a concise summary of the actions, activities, and the specific federal and non-federal resources that will be used each year to address the priority needs and specific goals identified by the Consolidated Plan.
- City of Pensacola, 2017 Annual Action Plan (PDF)
- City of Pensacola, 2018 Annual Action Plan (PDF)
- City of Pensacola, 2019 Annual Action Plan (PDF)
Grantees report on accomplishments and progress toward Consolidated Plan goals in the Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER).
- City of Pensacola 2015 Consolidated Annual Performance Evaluation Report (CAPER) (PDF)
- City of Pensacola 2016 Consolidated Annual Performance Evaluation Report (CAPER) (PDF)
- City of Pensacola 2017 Consolidated Annual Performance Evaluation Report (CAPER) (PDF)
As part of the Consolidated Plan five-year planning process the consortium prepares an Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice to reflect the current fair housing situation in the community.