Sanitation FAQs

Review some of the most Frequently Asked Questions about Garbage, Recycling, and Yard Waste.

Q: How do I dispose of non-rechargeable, standard, alkaline batteries (AAAA, AAA, A, C, D, or 9-volt)?
A: These batteries can be disposed of in the regular trash bin. No special care or handling is needed.

Q: How do I dispose of an empty aerosol can?
A: As long as they are empty, an aerosol spray bottle can be thrown in a regular trash bin. Do not recycle.

Q: Is there a list of materials considered Hazardous Household Waste (or HHW)?
A: Escambia County maintains a list of HHW materials at on the MyEscambia Household Hazardous Waste Program Website

Q: Where would I dispose of used Electronics?
A: Escambia County collects HHW and Electronics during their quarterly Regional Roundups. More information can be obtained by visiting the MyEscambia Household Hazardous Waste Program Website for dates.

Q: Where can I dispose of needles and/or other Bio-medical Waste products?
A: The Florida Department of Health requires needles be placed in a non-permeable container prior to disposal. The County offers disposal through the Household Hazardous Waste Program. Contact the County for more information at 850-937-2160.