Instructions below are provided to assist employees of the City of Pensacola in creating a profile and accessing the City of Pensacola's Employee Portal (or Intranet).
To view the videos, simply click the inside of the video to begin playing.
Please Note: The words - Intranet and Employee Portal - are used interchangeably.
Quick Links to Resources on THIS page:
Step 1 should only be performed once
If you have created a profile but are unable to access the Intranet, please contact the Technology Resources Help Desk.
If you do not have a City-issued email and need access to the Employee Portal, please contact Technology Resources.
Step 1: Creating a Profile on the City of Pensacola Website
Step 2: How to Sign In to the City of Pensacola's Employee Portal
Step 3: Accessing the Intranet/Employee Portal
If you have issues after following these steps, please contact the Technology Resources Help Desk at 850-436-5611.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who has access to view pages on the Employee Portal/Intranet?
- Only City of Pensacola employees with a City-issued email address (ending in @cityofpensacola.com) have the ability to access the Employee Portal. If you are a City employee, but do not have a City-issued email address, please contact the Webmaster in Technology Resources to discuss.
Can I send a link to a page on the Intranet to a vendor or individual without a City-issued (@cityofpensacola.com) email address?
- EMPLOYEES: At this time, employees without a City-issued email address do not automatically get access to the intranet, so please contact Technology Resources with this request. VENDORS: Since this portal is intended for internal use only, vendors are not granted access to the Intranet.
Can I access the Employee Portal from Home?
- Yes, go to http://cityofpensacola.com/intranet and log in with your City credentials.
Can I upload documents to the Intranet just like we do the K: drive or department drives?
- No and Yes. If you have a document which would be relevant to all City employees and requires no special restrictions; check with Technology Resources about getting the document uploaded. However, please be aware that documents uploaded to the City Intranet are NOT blocked - therefore, ALL City employees will be able to access them.
Can the public view pages, documents, information, news, or events posted to the Intranet?
What happens if someone with a valid non-City account (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org) tries to access an Intranet page?
- They will get a permissions error.
What can I find on the Intranet?
- Information about employee-related news and events, employee forms and documents, links to resources and training, along with other valuable information.
What if I have a suggestion or idea that might help improve the City intranet?
- Your intranet is a living, growing place for City information. Your suggestions help make it valuable to you as an employee. If you have an idea or suggestion, please contact the City Webmaster to discuss. Due to platform limitations, not all ideas may be implemented; but, we need your help to make this the best one-stop location for employee related news and information.