The Community Development Block Program – CV Mortgage and Utility Assistance Program has been established to respond to unforeseen economic hardship created by the coronavirus. The goal of the program is to provide emergency subsistence payment to low-income residents residing within the city limits and are in danger of losing their home as a result of COVID related hardship with a verifiable loss of income and the inability to pay monthly mortgage and/or utilities. Maximum award is up to $7,500.00.
IMPORTANT: Payment is made directly to the mortgage and/or utility company.
- Applicant must own a single-family residential property in the City of Pensacola limits. click here
- Property owner must occupy the property as primary residence as indicated by having homestead exemption.
- Mortgage applicant(s) cannot owe property taxes.
- Owner must have a first-lien or primary mortgage with a forbearance or past due balance due to COVID-19.
- Mortgage must have been current as of March 2020.
- Property cannot be listed for sale.
- Household of the applicant(s) must demonstrate a loss of income due to COVID-19.
- Household of the applicant(s) must have a maximum household income at or below 80 percent AMI (Area Median Income) - Current income limits.
Applications are processed on a first qualified, first served basis until funding is exhausted.
Required Documentation to Apply
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Escambia County can provide Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP).
APPLY HERE : HTTPS://MYESCAMBIA.COM/ERAP
Applicants residing outside the City of Pensacola limits may apply for Escambia County’s Mortgage & Utility Assistance Program.
APPLY HERE: https://myescambia.com/emergency-mortgage-assistance-program