December 9, 2019 11:48 am
City services have been impacted, including:
- City emails and phones
- 311 customer service
- Online payments including Pensacola Energy and City of Pensacola Sanitation Services
*911 and emergency services are NOT impacted and continue to operate*
December 12, 2019 2:12 pm
Cyber incident UPDATE 11 a.m. Thursday:
- Online bill payments for Pensacola Energy and Sanitation Services are now available.
- Pensacola Energy is operational, but the call center is not fully restored yet.
- The majority of our servers are restored, and IT is working to get computers up and running in each department.
- We are currently in an assessment and recovery mode, and IT staff continue to work diligently to check all computers and fully restore our network.
- We can confirm that this was a ransomware incident, but cannot provide additional details due to the ongoing investigation.
- Email servers are back online, so city staff have limited access to emails.
- Most city landlines have been restored.
Thank you everyone for your patience as we work to restore our network and city services.