May 7, 2020MEDIA CONTACT:
Cancellation of City-Permitted Events Extended
through June 1
The City of Pensacola is extending the cancellation of all city-permitted events
with 50 or more people through Monday, June 1 to continue to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. City of Pensacola officials will reassess the situation on June 1 and determine whether to continue or lift the cancellations.
This action is consistent with Executive Order 20-112
from Gov. Ron DeSantis, which states that all persons in Florida should avoid congregating in large groups, and that local jurisdictions shall ensure that groups of people greater than 10 are not permitted to congregate in any public space that does not readily allow for appropriate physical distancing.
The city will work with event organizers to reschedule events as needed.
The City of Pensacola encourages the public to continue following recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, including:
- Wash your hands often.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay at least 6 feet away from others who do not live in your household.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face cover when around others.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces daily.