WEEK 7: Street resurfacing and natural gas infrastructure upgrades
Rainfall last week abbreviated the schedule for paving crews working to resurface city streets. Despite the rain, more than 100,000-square-yards of pavement has been milled and more than 6100-tons of new asphalt applied. It’s part of a city-wide program that encompasses more than 1800 city blocks, or about 119-miles of Pensacola streets.
Weather permitting, work on the following streets will begin the week of April 10-14.Downtown area:
- East Zarragossa Street, from South Palafox to South Tarragonna Street.
- East Zarragossa Street, from South Alcaniz Street to East Government Street.
- West Chase Street, from North A to North G Street.
- West Wright Street, from North G to North N Street.
- North H Street, from West Gregory to West Wright Street.
- South E Street, from West Garden to West Zarragosa Street.
- North N Street, from East Gregory to West Garden Street.
- North D Street, from West Chase to West Garden Street.
- North H Street, from West Garden Street to the dead end.
- West Hillary Street, from South C to South D Street.
- North I Street, from West Wright to West Garden Street.
- West Romana Street, from South C Street to Barrancas Avenue.
Property owners and tenants are reminded to remove vehicles parked on the street so the resurfacing work can begin. Questions about the program should be directed to the city’s engineering consultant, Atkins, Inc. The telephone number is (850) 380-9188.