Street resurfacing schedule
Wed., July 5
Street resurfacing work will resume this week. Nighttime work is planned for the following segments of Palafox Street:
Southern end of Palafox Street to Plaza de Luna. Thurs., July 6
North Palafox Street, from Garden to Jackson Street.
Work on Palafox Street is planned for overnight hours to minimize impacts for drivers and adjacent properties.
In addition, the following streets are slated for daytime resurfacing work July 5-8
- West Lakeview Avenue, from west of North J Street to North E Street.
- North J Street, from West Hernandez Street to West Avery Street.
- West Moreno Street, from North E Street to North A Street.
- West Blount Street, from North H Street to North A Street.
- North D Street, from West Avery Street to West Blount Street.
The schedule is weather-dependent and work may be re-scheduled in the event of inclement weather. Vehicles parked on the street must be removed before resurfacing work can begin. Cars left on the street will be subject to relocation.
The city’s street resurfacing program includes milling and paving approximately 119-miles of streets throughout Pensacola. Work in the current phase of the program is scheduled for completion this summer. Future phases are planned to begin later this year and extend into 2018.
More information on the program is available by calling the city’s engineering consultant, Atkins, Inc., (850) 380-9188.