SCOPE OF WORK
BERTHS 1 and 2 MAINTENANCE DREDGING
The primary scope of work is the performance of maintenance dredging of Berths 1 and 2 along the western face of the Port of Pensacola facility. The detailed scope of work is as described below and/or as shown on the drawings.
- Maintenance dredging of approximately 2,462 cubic yards of material from Station 0+00 to Station 7+00 of the dredge area identified on the Drawings.
- Maintenance dredging may be undertaken by either mechanical or hydraulic means. Contractor shall clearly state the methodology and equipment it will use for the work in its bid package.
- Per the requirements of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Permit, dredging operations may only be undertaken during daylight hours.
Dredge Material Placement:
- All dredge material will be placed in the confined dredge material placement area (DMPA) on the Port’s property. The location of the DMPA is provided in the drawings.
- Contractor is responsible for inspecting the condition of the DMPA, inclusive of the weir structure, prior to bidding. Any improvements to the DMAP, inclusive of the weir structure that are necessary for the maintenance dredging operation shall be the responsibility of the Contractor and as such any and all costs associated with such improvements shall be included in the Contractor’s bid.
- Contractor is hereby notified that the maintenance dredging work will consume approximately all of the available capacity of the DMPA. As such, Contractor shall account for any inefficiencies that may exist when conducting the work as the capacity of the DMPA is reached, in particular with the management of water in the DMPA while maintaining water quality standards at the weir and discharge location.
- Contractor shall undertake the work in strict compliance with the USACE and FDEP Permit conditions contained in Attachments A and B, respectively, to the Project Specifications.
|2/12/2024 8:00 am
|3/14/2024 2:30 pm