**ESCAMBIA - pENSACOLA cONSORTIUM fIVE yEAR cONSOLIDATED pLAN AND fy 2020 - FY 2021 Annual Plans Public Hearing**
Monday, April 19, 2021, at 4:00 PM at Escambia County Central Office Complex, Room 104, 3363 West Park Place, Pensacola FL, 32505. Public Hearing Video
Members of the public may attend the meeting in person; however, there will be limited seating capacity. The meeting will be recorded and available to view on Escambia County's Youtube channel the day after the meeting.
The Consortium also generated a needs assessment survey that can be accessed online here. The survey will be available through April 30, 2021.
In addition to direct input provided during the public hearing, written comments or input regarding local housing needs or priorities will be accepted through April 22, 2021 and may be submitted to:
- Escambia Consortium, 221 Palafox Place, Suite 200, Pensacola, Florida 32502, or
- City of Pensacola Housing Department, P.O. Box 12910, Pensacola, FL 32521-0031, or
- Via email to NED@myescambia.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
TEMPORARY MORATORIUM ON EVICTION FILINGS, CORONAVIRUS AID, RELIEF, AND ECONOMIC SECURITY ACT (“CARES ACT”)
The City of Pensacola Housing Department is now offering to our clients a new secure, online service called AssistanceCheck. This service allows you to view information about your assistance, contact us directly and update your case file, any time of the day or night.
Some of the online services currently offered include:
- Update your contact information
- Add, edit and remove family members and income sources
- Complete Annual Reexaminations
- View and Print required documents
- Send secure messages to us
Due to concerns related to COVID-19, the City of Pensacola Housing Department is suspending all client walk in and in person appointment assistance until further notice. The Housing Department will provide notification, when normal operations resume. HOUSING OFFICE CLIENTS AND VENDORS MAY CONTACT THE OFFICE VIA E-MAIL OR TELEPHONE.
The City of Pensacola Housing Department is committed to supporting the development of a diverse viable community that provides decent, safe housing and a suitable living environment for area residents. This is accomplished by:
- Providing a sufficient volume and variety of affordable housing options;
- Assisting in the elimination of slum and blighting influences;
- Helping prevent deterioration of property; and
- Maintaining viable neighborhoods that enhance the quality of life of area residents.
The Housing Department is a partner in creating employment opportunities, encouraging small business development, and broadening the tax and economic base for families of modest means. Assistance to area residents includes:
- Community development and support services
- Homebuyer assistance strategies
- Rental assistance for eligible families
- Single family housing rehabilitation for eligible homeowners
Support to area residents is provided through the administration of the following local, state, and federal programs:
- City of Pensacola Homebuyer Incentive Program
- Community Development Block Grant Program
- HOME Investment Partnerships Act Program
- Section 8 Housing Voucher Program
- State Housing Initiatives Partnership Program